The Onix React is loaded with the most recent Onix pickleball technology that I have ever witnessed in the pickleball paddle. This is the paddle for anybody who wants to stand out on the court, with the distinctive Onix trademark screen printed on the bright yellow paddle face.
The Fusion Core Technology is the most important characteristic of the Onix React Graphite Pickleball Paddle for a player like me. To maximize the size of the sweet spot, the two most popular core materials are coupled with a polypropylene foundation and a properly positioned Nomex insert. For experienced players, the graphite face and broad face design provide additional power and agility. This paddle has a lot of distinguished featured that inspired me to try this paddle.
I appreciated the material that Onix has used in Onix React Pickleball paddle. The Onix React paddle blends polypropylene and Nomex core materials with patent-pending Fusion Core technology to deliver outstanding perimeter touch and maximum power in the sweet spot. The sweet spot is activated by a Nomex insert precisely positioned in the center of Onix react paddle, resulting in optimal weight distribution and great power and pop. The graphite face is a light material that improves speed, pop, and agility. The Wide Body paddle design enlarges the paddle shape for the largest sweet spot.
The Onix React Pickleball paddle’s Graphite Pickleball Paddle is made with Onix’s Fusion polypropylene core and Nomex at the sweet spot. I totally love the core of this paddle. The React has a carbon fiber graphite paddle face that works in tandem with the Onix Fusion core to offer unrivaled ‘pop’ and speed during short play. The paddle is designed to provide the same feel and control as a polymer core, but with increased durability and a built-in Nomex ‘snap.’
The Onix React Paddle weighs between 7.9 and 8.3 ounces, with a paddle weight of 8.1 ounces on average. The weight of this paddle is ideal for me. The paddle is 8 inches across the paddle face and has a 1/4 inch overlapping edge guard. These proportions give the paddle a profile that is quite close to the old Onix Z5.
- Power, speed, and control are provided by the Onix Fusion Polypropylene Core with Nomex inset.
- Excellent paddle proportions that feel comparable to the famous Onix Z5.
- Awesome paddle design that is meant to stand out.
- For strong control, Fusion Core technology blends polypropylene and Nomex cores.
- Sweet Spot has been increased thanks to a Nomex core insert that ensures proper weight distribution.
- Tennis Handle and Widebody design for greater paddle size make it easy to convert to pickleball.
- The graphite face and fusion core increase power and sweet spot while retaining control.
- 5″ L x 8.3″ W x 1.5″ H are the dimensions.
- The weight ranges between 7.9 and 8.3 ounces.
Cost and Conclusion
The paddle’s handle is somewhat shorter than the Z5, measuring 4 7/8″, and it costs more than $100. However, when it comes to the finest Onix pickleball paddles, this paddle gets pretty near to the Z5. If you want a fast paddle with a blend of polypropylene and a Nomex bite, this is the paddle for you – you won’t be disappointed. Just be prepared to stand out on the court.